Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My tummy hurts. Again.

Apparently every foreigner gets sick in Guatemala at some point. There are all sorts of parasites down here that our bodies have not yet been exposed to, so as far as food selection goes, it seems to be a game of Yahtzee—

and it was a game I lost this past weekend. I rolled the dice on a spinach salad, and spent the rest of the night practicing my four-letter Spanish words with the porcelain god. Today while I am busy studying Spanish, my stomach is busy sorting itself out. Still. And probably for the next 2 weeks.

The other night Kevin and I went to El Cuartito, our favorite socially-conscious coffee shop & bar. We usually operate on the "You do not even need to ask" premise when it comes to ordering a jug of vino, so he was surprised (and a little disappointed) to hear me order the tea for foreigners or, as it is listed on the menu, Para dolor del estomago.

Looks like tonight I will be ordering a double.

2 comments:

Jon said...

if it makes you feel any better (morale-wise, not in a gastro-enterinal way), it happens over here in Nihon too. big badaboom as Lilu Multipass would put it...

André Leslie said...

just checking in.

top fotos!

hi-fives aus Berlin.A.